mercredi 2 juillet 2014

Handmade felt book



It was hard work, it took me hours of stitching and stitching and stitching….
But what a pleasure to hold the finished book in my hands!!!

The cover is made with fabric and the inside pages with felt. 
For my first toddler book, I chose to play with the aquatic world. 


The book is really tiny for tiny little hands. 

I tried to choose contrasted colours because I know little ones apprehend it better and they love it. 

And then I just had fun playing with a few representations of what you possibly can find under the sea :)




Possibilities are endless and it is difficult to stick to only a few designs… (I am sure that if I ever make another one about the Sea, there will be an Octopus!!!)

But due to its small size, the book can not be too big with too many pages… plus, it is really a time consuming artwork and to keep the project nice and fun, I can't spend endless hours on it…




More pictures on The Little Bird Of Paradise Editions' Facebook page : 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire